Greetings To Our Dear Friends,
In 2014, Robin and I became the lead pastors of City Bible Church NY-NJ. Within that first year, the Lord gave us a fresh vision for a new name – Alive Church NYC. The name was inspired by Ephesians 2:4-5 (NIV) which states, “but because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.” This verse directly impacted our new vision – To help all people come ALIVE in Christ.
In addition to our church’s growth, this past September, God expanded our family with the addition of our second beautiful daughter, Olive. Our first daughter, Sophia, is now two-and-a-half years old. It has been a joy to parent these two amazing little girls.
This letter is to share a few of the ways God is expanding our impact and influence in our city. We are honored to be one of many churches reaching people in New York City for the past nine years. This year we have seen God answer our prayers for healings, salvations, and baptisms. Our leaders are developing, and our teams are growing as they step into new areas of ministry. In fact, we recently launched a mid-week Bible study and a new community outreach ministry called Love is Alive. This outreach ministry was born out of the second greatest commandment to, “love your neighbor as yourself.” Our desire is to see NYC turned upside down as we love and serve our neighbors.
We are asking you to partner with us through prayer and finances as we see God’s vision fulfilled for Alive Church NYC. We believe we can reach our goal of $75,000 above our regular church tithes and offerings. We want to help people through our time, service, and finances. We would be honored to have you partner with us to see many more lives transformed.
With the increase we will:
- Market and optimize our website for our new church name
- Enhance our Children’s Ministry program to add more kids and families
- Reach our neighbors by flyers, mailers, and personal invites
- Send blitz packets to Hell’s Kitchen businesses
- Rent a central location in the city to host weekly prayer, bible study, and leadership training
- Open a new hospitality coffee bar
- Upgrade our sound system and lightening equipment
- Provide new materials and resources for growth and discipleship
- Design and print new signage
- Develop our Love Is Alive community outreach projects to include:
- Feeding and clothing displaced people in our neighborhood
- Hosting a Christmas dinner for families in need
- Partnering with organizations serving youth and single moms
Together we can go farther than ever before! I know, as you sow into what God is doing here in NYC, He will multiply it.
To make a one-time donation or a monthly contribution you can give online at https://pushpay.com/pay/alivechurchnyc/ or send checks to Alive Church NYC, 2310 41st Avenue, #12J, Long Island City, NY 11101.
If you would like more information, I would enjoy an opportunity to speak with you in greater detail about what Jesus is doing in our church and city. Feel free to reach me at 347-949-1363 or at email@example.com.